Who We Are
Founded in 2016 by partners Christopher Calicott and Dustin Trammell, Trammell Venture Partners is an Austin-based venture capital firm focused on investing in seed- and early-stage startups in three core technology domains: Bitcoin-Native Technologies, Applied Machine Intelligence, and Security and Privacy Technologies. TVP is deeply interested in the disruptive application of these technologies. Our investment style is high-conviction and high-concentration in markets we feel exhibit very large, asymmetrical return potential.
The Way You’d Drive Our Firm Forward
You’ll be a TVP force multiplier. Across our existing and future company portfolio you’ll support and serve our co-founders, add value to our existing portfolio, and you’ll identify new opportunities in markets to build our future portfolio, contributing directly in the investment thesis development process. As Associate, you will assist the Managing Director to support and accelerate the implementation of the overall TVP strategy with research, analysis, and market publishing, as well as identifying new market opportunities.
Ideally, this investment professional grows with our firm into the future.
- Enhance dealflow pipeline, source and evaluate investment opportunities
- Develop investment memoranda and support investment committee decisions through market research, investment theses, due diligence, financial modeling, and deal structuring
- Participate in and contribute to partner meetings involving investment opportunities and portfolio companies
- Enhance research and TVP publishing cadence to augment thought leadership and brand awareness, supporting overall strategy
- Support board meeting preparation and debrief meetings with partners
- Develop and track portfolio key performance indicators across time
- Accelerate business development and investor relations process including capital formation
- Codify firm processes for rapid uptake by new employees as we grow
Who We’re Looking For
We’re a small firm poised for growth and we’re looking for the rare, high-potential person with the skills, experience, and network to succeed with us as we build what’s next for TVP together. This person must be able to move quickly across business functions in asset management generally and early stage venture capital specifically, with genuine enthusiasm to augment our strategy as a creative, collaborative person investing with a market view.
As our investment strategy is focused on Bitcoin-native companies in our latest fund, the candidate must be an outlier in their understanding of Bitcoin’s value propositions and sound monetary principles
These Characteristics Should Describe You:
You have at least 1 of the following 3:
- Prior experience in early stage venture capital investment
- Significant operational experience as a startup co-founder
- MBA or active charters from CFA and/or CAIA
- Deep intellectual curiosity
- Extraordinary skill at framing questions
- Very strong writing and financial modeling skills
- Ability to intellectually shift points of view to better understand differing facets of the same problem
- Have a data-driven mindset with a research- and analysis-driven deliverables style
- Can use data to build a narrative or story
- Superior work ethic and personal integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport and business relationships in-person and virtually across firms globally
- At least 5 years of work experience
- Demonstrable expertise Bitcoin and Lightning, or other core technology area
- Two or more years of full-time work experience at a venture capital firm, investment bank, hedge fund, proprietary trading firm, private equity firm, or venture-backed startup
Travel and Location:
Position is based in Austin, Texas. While we are distributed day-to-day, we do spend 30% of our time in person. Some travel should be expected. Relocation unavailable.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter describing one thing you see differently about the world than most people you know to email@example.com by midnight Sunday April 18th.