Who We Are
Founded in 2016 by partners Christopher Calicott and Dustin Trammell, Trammell Venture Partners is an Austin-based venture capital firm focused on investing in seed- and early-stage startups in three core technology domains: Bitcoin-Native Technologies, Applied Machine Intelligence, and Security and Privacy Technologies. TVP is deeply interested in the disruptive application of these technologies. Our investment style is high-conviction and high-concentration in markets we feel exhibit very large, asymmetrical return potential.
The Way You’d Drive Our Firm Forward
You’ll be a TVP analysis weapon. Across our existing and future company portfolio you’ll support and serve our co-founders and add value to our existing portfolio through analysis and reporting for firm partners. You’ll identify new opportunities in markets to build our future portfolio, contributing directly in the investment thesis development process. As Analyst, you will assist the Managing Director to support and accelerate the implementation of the overall TVP strategy with research, analysis, and capital formation.
Ideally, this venture analyst either develops within our firm into an associate or leaves to start a new company in one of our areas of expertise.
- Develop dealflow pipeline; Source, analyze, and evaluate investment opportunities
- Support investment memoranda development through market research, investment theses, due diligence, and financial modeling
- Develop and track portfolio key performance indicators across time
- Identify emerging research areas of focus
- Enhance research and TVP publishing velocity to build thought leadership and brand awareness
- Increase the effectiveness of the TVP online tools and brand engagement
- Amplify business development focusing on capital formation
- Enhance back office and investor relations processes
- Uncover tangential investment strategy opportunities
Who We’re Looking For
We’re a small firm poised for growth and we’re looking for the rare, high-potential person with the skills, energy, and enthusiasm to succeed with us as we build what’s next for TVP. This person must be able to move quickly across business functions in asset management generally and early stage venture capital specifically, with genuine enthusiasm to augment our strategy as a creative, collaborative person investing with a market view.
As our investment strategy is focused on Bitcoin-native companies in our latest fund, the candidate must be an outlier in their understanding of Bitcoin’s value propositions and sound monetary principles.
These Characteristics Should Describe You:
You have at least 1 of the following 5:
- One or more years of full-time work experience at a Bitcoin-focused company
- One or more years of full-time work experience at a venture-backed startup
- One or more years of full-time work experience at a venture capital firm, investment bank, hedge fund, proprietary trading firm, or private equity firm
- Two or more years of full-time engineering experience in a software company
- A personal recommendation by one of our portfolio company co-founders or C-level employees, or a TVP Advisor
- Deep intellectual curiosity
- Extraordinary skill at framing questions
- Very strong writing and financial modeling skills
- Ability to intellectually shift points of view to better understand differing facets of the same problem
- Have a data-driven mindset with a research- and analysis-driven deliverables style
- Can use data to build a narrative or story
- Superior work ethic and personal integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport and business relationships in-person and virtually across firms globally
- Strong understanding of the Bitcoin network and economic mechanics
- At least 3 years of work experience
- Demonstrable technical expertise in Bitcoin and Lightning, or other core technology area
- Two or more years of full-time work experience at a venture capital firm, investment bank, hedge fund, proprietary trading firm, private equity firm, or venture-backed startup
Travel and Location:
Position is based in Austin, Texas. While we are distributed day-to-day, we do spend 30% of our time in person. Some travel should be expected. Relocation unavailable.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter describing one thing you see differently about the world than most people you know to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight Sunday April 18th.