Chief Financial Officer
About the Organization
At Unchained Capital, our mission is to put every bitcoin holder securely in control of their assets. Our collaborative custody vaults make it easy to set up and manage multisig bitcoin storage, while providing a foundation to financial services for the long-term bitcoin holder, including trading, loans, and retirement accounts. We guide our clients through their bitcoin journey, equipping them with the knowledge, reassurance, and tools they need to secure their financial futures in ways that a traditional financial services institution cannot.
Unless otherwise indicated, all open positions are remote-friendly.
The Chief Financial Officer provides leadership, direction, and management of the finance and accounting teams. He or she is responsible for providing strategic recommendations to the CEO, the Board of Directors and other members of the executive team, advising on long-term business and financial planning, and reviewing all formal finance, and HR.
- Provide financial and operational leadership to maximize profitability and growth of the company’s financial services operations, maximize the monetization of the company’s product offerings, evaluate new product offerings, and procure capital.
- Review and provide input on strategic growth of the Company’s topline with an emphasis on identifying, monitoring and reporting KPIs and key metrics to the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Support and advise CEO and other executives on capital procurement and allocation
- Establish banking and treasury relationships
- Maintain and foster investor relations
- Responsible for legal and regulatory structure for securing and managing lender and investment capital
- Manage and evaluate M&A (acquisitive) opportunities and events and non-organic growth initiatives.
- Assist with private and public capital and fundraising efforts; preparation of legal closing documents; performance of due diligence; and development and ownership of pro forma cap table and pricing of financing round and/or capital raises.
- Prepare and manage budgeting and FP&A process across all company functions
- Responsible for timely preparation and accuracy of financial statements, annual, quarterly and monthly, in conformity with U.S. GAAP and the research and memorialization of complex GAAP issues and positions.
- Act as liaison to and manage all external third-party auditor relationships and audit processes.
- Responsible for control environment and design for COSO and SOX 404 compliance and assist in the assessment, remediation, and development of internal controls and SOC I and II audits as well as corresponding reporting and internal unchained team and auditor relationships.
- Manage signing team and key management administration.
- Oversees certain HR functions, including compliance with state, local and federal employment and tax regulation, internal compensation policies, performance measurement, domestic and foreign employee agreements and relationships
- Ownership of Company’s capitalization table and 409A studies as well as stock option award and plan administration.
- Participate in compensation studies and analyses (base, bonus plan, equity, and employee benefits)
- Participation in operations, including but not limited to lending, buy BTC/OTC, starter pack and vaults and IRA operations in relation to QC/policies and treasury
- Lead tax planning, compliance and strategies for the company and its affiliates
- Coordinate with Chief Compliance Officer to ensure AML audits are completed and compliant; assist CCO with lending, OTC, and other compliance with state, local, and federal regulations.
- ERP/NetSuite implementation and platform improvement and automation
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and annual treasury policy including management of BTC, fiat, ACH, SEN, wires and the procurement and movement of fungible assets approvals
- Lead risk-management activities including D&O, general liability, property and umbrella, facility and personal injury exposure, Tech E&O/Cyber Security and surety bonds and other coverages.
- Provide internal legal review and drafting of NDAs, contracts, employment agreements, leases and facility related agreements, vendor SOWs and MSAs, and work with internal and external legal counsel.
- 7+ years experience leading a finance team in fintech or similar industry
- Experience with high-growth startups
- Passion and understanding of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
- Masters Degree and/or CPA designation preferred