U.S. Strategy Director
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About the Role
The US Strategy Director role will oversee the strategy and planning function for Kraken’s entire US region, across multiple business lines, millions of customer accounts, and hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue.
Reporting to the US Managing Director, the Strategy Director will build/manage a dedicated US strategy team, work with business line leaders and cross-functional teams, and advise the global C-suite, to most effectively structure, operate and grow the US business and its supporting operations.
- Oversee the overall strategy and planning function for Kraken’s entire US business.
- Collaborate with the US MD, global C-suite, and cross-functional leaders to set the business up for success by implementing organizational structures, navigating the legal/regulatory landscape, identifying opportunities, prioritizing initiatives, driving revenue growth, improving efficiency, and aligning against broader company objectives.
- Build and manage a small, high-functioning dedicated US strategy team.
- Define/monitor key performance metrics for business health and progress.
- Manage portfolio of key high-priority projects and work collaboratively to ensure timely execution.
- Develop recommendations to solve critical challenges employing a data driven approach.
- Create content and/or presentations for multiple purposes, including internal strategy and planning meetings, investors, external interviews and appearances, etc.
- Exercise discretion with highly confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Prior experience in management consulting, and/or corporate strategy/planning within a comparable fintech company, late stage pre-IPO company, or large corporation.
- Familiarity with financial services/technology and US-specific legal/regulatory industry landscapes.
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills involving cross functional collaboration.
- Experience building high quality engaging presentations that communicate complex topics, data, and information in a digestible format.
- Superior communication and presentation skills including for executive level audiences.
- Ability to define structured approaches to solve complex challenges, by breaking down issues or problem sets, identifying options, and making decisions using a data driven approach.
- Commercially-minded, and entrepreneurial self-starter, comfortable in fast-paced and uncertain/changing environments.Prior experience in management consulting, and/or corporate strategy/planning within a comparable fintech company, late stage pre-IPO company, or large corporation.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.