Core Infrastructure Engineer, Networking
Building the Future of Crypto
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Kraken Futures.
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
Proof of Work
If you thrive in a challenging, fun and fast-paced environment, the Core Infrastructure Engineer at Kraken is for you! Not only is this role a strategic hands-on role that is critical to the continuing success of Kraken; you will join a highly dedicated team that is responsible for managing the entire network and compute infrastructure for one of the leading cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. We are looking for a dynamic and innovative self-starter with the ability to think “outside of the box” to solve complex problems in a sustainable way.
This role is fully remote. We prefer candidates in European Timezones, to cover current needs.
- Design, implement, manage, and defend a “zero trust”, defense-in-depth network
- Implement and evolve enterprise network access controls
- Manage and deploy “infrastructure as code”
- Write good quality policies, procedures, and technical documentation
- Coordinate with internal development teams and other stakeholders to ensure network security principles are “built-in” from the beginning
- Work with Engineering and IT Security teams to ensure that product features are securely deployed and monitored
- Monitor and maintain all physical infrastructure (network, security, and compute), cloud data center environments, remote office locations, and respond to critical network problems to maximize service uptime
- Assist in various projects with network related requirements
- Mentor and evangelize security practices through cross-functional work with internal stakeholders and teams
- Assume on-call responsibilities and duties per the schedule
- Travel as needed to support physical datacenter and office locations
Skills You Should HODL
- 5+ years of network engineering background including offensive/defensive security
- Deep experience in public (AWS or Azure or Google), private and/or hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Experience with network security management tools and techniques
- Familiarity with security testing tools (performance and threat-based)
- Proficient in network and security design, implementation, and administration leveraging industry standard platforms from vendors such as: Palo Alto Networks, Cisco, Juniper, and Aruba
- Experience with Switching (Capacity Planning & VLAN’s), Routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, ECMP, PBF), WAN Technologies (MPLS, VPLS, VPN), public cloud networking, and Security (IPS, RBAC, etc.)
- Previous experience monitoring and management of intrusion detection systems and firewall devices
- Demonstrated experience researching, building and implementing defensive security systems that are used against internal and external attack vectors
- Excellent communication skills: demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform well under pressure, high attention to detail
- Strong desire / interest in learning new technology
- Highly motivated and passionate about infrastructure engineering and security
- This role requires the ability to travel. For this reason, a valid passport will be mandatory